Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Email me

Sunday 25 August 2013

A Day Beside The Sea

This day out is something we have been planning to do all summer but we've been busy with DIY and gardening and we haven't had as much chance to get out and about as I had hoped. Before we know it the summer will be over so we finally set a date to visit New Brighton beach on the Wirral with Lucas' cousins and Grandma and Grandad. 

I honestly think it has been at least 15 years since I last went to New Brighton, probably with my Grandparents, and needless to say it has changed dramatically  The beach is lovely with plenty of rock pools to go exploring in and we spotted several jelly fish on stroll down the sea. The sea wasn't too chilly for little feet to go paddling in and there were plenty of shells for us to collect and even a couple of crab claws. The boys had a little go on the rock pools but I was forbidden from climbing too high as my husband warned me they were very slippy. We took a picnic, camped out on the beach and ate whilst building and demolishing sandcastles. One of the best things about the day was that it didn't cost us a penny; parking is free and as we were there early we got a great spot by the beach. There is plenty more to explore there and we'd love to go back to walk along the prom and check out Fort Perch Rock, the RNLI shop and the crazy golf.

We had such a great day and Lucas and his cousin loved running around the beach. Lucas in particular liked the freedom a little too much and kept making run for it, back towards the sea. Luckily his cousin was very sensible and would grab his hand quick to bring him back. Despite the escape attempts it was so lovely to spend the day with the two of them, seeing them play together and giggling at each other is a joy. 





Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

3 comments:

  1. A picnic and the beach sounds fantastic. Looks like you had a great time. I love rock pools and want to take the boys again as they didn't have much luck last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picnic at the beach is one of my favourite days out. A total bonus that it is free or it could cost me a fortune! Looks like a perfect Country Kids day for you all, always fun with a big family group. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post, I love your blog...would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin? follow me and leave a comment on my blog and i shall surely be following you back

    www.withinmystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you are thinking - I love to read your comments.

 

Hayley from Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012